Shabby Blogs

Friday 16 November 2012

Barbie cake...

This was the princess barbie cake I made for my granddaughters 3rd birthday last year.
 
 
The ones in the shops are really small and she wanted a bigger one so I did my best. It didn't turn out too badly. I bought a barbie doll and then stripped the clothes of and wrapped the body in cling film to protect it. I used a pudding basin for the skirt of the cake, this one was chocolate, as requested by Miss Lily lol.
 
When the cake was ready I turned it upside down and then used plain white fondant icing to make the skirt. I let the fondant crease at the bottom to make the folds of the skirt. I then used an apple corer to take out the centre of the cake and put the clingfilm wrapped doll inside. I wrapped the upper body of the doll in icing and then tied a ribbon around the waist.
 
 
I added silver balls to the back of the bodice and around the hem of the skirt and a bit of pink icing to add some colour to the skirt. It wasn't a professional finish but Miss Lily loved it so that's all that matters to me :)

Thanks
J
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!