Shabby Blogs

Friday 28 December 2012

My New Year's Resolutions (and a card)

I can't believe it is Friday already.  Where has the week gone?  All the stress and worry in the build up to Christmas and it's over in a flash!  It'll be back to work before I know it - blurgh!!

Anyway it has been pointed out (quite forcefully) that I don't blog often enough.  Therefore the first of my resolutions for 2013 is to commit to writing more than the occasional post when I'm nagged at.

My second is to try and simplify a little.  I'm about to enter a new phase in my life and I'm not quite sure what I want to do with it yet.  What I do know is that it needs to be much less stressful than the last 23 years have been!!

By Easter my youngest son will have moved in to his own home with a room mate from school and I will be able to be Mum again instead of his carer.  It's quite a daunting thought not being responsible for every minute of his life but it's also quite exciting.  It's like having a new book that hasn't been written in yet and I get to dictate the story.  Oooo now that's getting a bit heavy - I think I'll leave that thought there and come back to it some other time.

My third resolution is to be more organised with my card making and not always leave them to the last minute.  I have started well with this having made a card for my niece whose birthday isn't until the end of January.  Not sure how long this will last but it's the thought that counts lol.  Here's the card.
I followed a sketch I found on another blog (not sure which one so can't credit them - but thank you for the inspiration)

It's made mainly from my Hunkydory stash with some bits of paper and ribbon from my off cut box and a birthday stamp I bought on ebay.  I think it turned out quite well, even if the picture isn't very good.

I'll think about the rest of my resolutions over the next few days.  I would love to hear what ones you are going to make!

TTFN Jude x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!