Shabby Blogs

Thursday 24 January 2013

Butterflies and flowers....

back in my comfort zone lol.

Good morning, hope you are all well today, and this horrid weather isn't causing you all too many problems. A slight cheer went up in my house this week when I braved taking the car out in the snow and ice ;-) and made it back it one piece lol. I am very brave - ROFL. I know everyone else just gets on with it, but I'm a complete wimp about snow and ice. I never used to be, but after a VERY minor accident a few years ago, I just don't like it anymore, so I wish it would all just go away now, and spring would hurry up and get here!

That's what today's card is about. Wishing spring here with flowers and a butterfly lol.


 I started with some Docrafts Papermania paper from the Linen Capsule collection, and punched out a butterfly. I then punched the butterfly again from Kraft card to layer them. I backed the paper with Kraft card and after inking all the edges I mounted this on to a cream 5x5 card blank.

Then I added some of the little wooden flowers that I picked up in The Range and inked the edges of those too.

I faffed for a bit and finally ended up with three in a row lol. I used scraps of Kraft card for the stems. I stamped a greeting on to Kraft card with a cocoa Memento ink pad and added this with foam pads to the top.

I finished the card with some Cosmic Shimmer dark bronze PVA glue dots on the butterfly and flowers.

That's all from me today, thanks for stopping by, see you all soon.

J
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!