Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 9 January 2013

Time for Tea?

Good morning, I've been having a play with some new papers and my new stamps that I got for Christmas. The papers were free with one of the crafty mags this month and there are some gorgeous papers in there.

 
I really love this one with the tea pots and thought it would go lovely with one of my new stamps. This tea time stamp fit the bill perfectly. I started with the paper and cut it to fit a DL sized card blank. Then added a tiny bit of lace down the middle which I inked a bit. Then over this I added some thin blue ribbon.
 
I stamped the image on to Kraft card using a brown Memento ink pad and then cut it out with a fancy oval die. I inked the edges and then used some of my new metallic rub-ons to colour little bits of the image. I thought the blue worked really well to compliment the colours in the paper.
 
Finally I added a sentiment and a couple of charms and mounted the oval topper using foam tape.
 
This isn't my usual style at all but I really do enjoy doing cards like this, it stretches the old brain cells a bit, which are getting seriously rusty at the minute. lol.
 
Anyway, many thanks for stopping by, see you tomorrow.
 
J
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!