Shabby Blogs

Saturday 9 February 2013

Embossing folders day 2...

Good morning all,

As I said the other day I thought I would have a little play with some embossing folders this week. And seen as how I've had a few additions to the craft room stash too, well it would be rude not to lol - wouldn't it???

The additions include the very lovely Embossalicious 8x8 folders by Die sire. They are really nice and it's great to have a few more in a larger size. I don't know about you but if I need a larger background I have a bit of trouble lining up the smaller folders to repeat the pattern. No - it's just me then ;o))

Anyway the new crafty purchases and a little break from the cards seem to be helping the old mojo, as he's made a couple, (although be it fleeting), visits to the craft room this week. And this was the result of one of them.

 
I started with a plain piece of Kraft card which I embossed with the new Regency Swirls folder. I then inked the raised areas with Brushed Corduroy distress ink. 

 
Next I added a piece of Core Impressions Graphic 45 paper to the left side and sanded it back to reveal the kraft core on the watch faces. 

 I added the topper from Kanban which I had picked up in the craft shop last weekend on my trip with Jude. Next came a piece of ribbon with a ready made bow. I think this originally came from a box of choccies and it's been sitting in my craft room waiting for the right card.

 
I added a sentiment card and some flowers punched from co-ordinating papers, and then finished the card with a few stick on pearls.

 
I'm really pleased with this one, what about you?
 
Anyway that's all from me today, hope you are all having a good weekend. Thanks for stopping by, see you soon.
 
Jen
xx

1 comment:

  1. oh gosh this is gorgeous hun oh love that dress and the colour,s layout and detail is just perfect brilliant hugs Cheyrlxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!