Shabby Blogs

Sunday 24 March 2013

Country Momma

Good morning all and welcome to Sunday x

Hopefully as you read this I am trotting around the NEC at the Hobbycraft show.  Trotting might be an exaggeration as I am still recovering from my torn achilles.  I am hoping they have some mobility scooters to borrow as I don't think I'll manage to walk all the way round AND Jen refuses to push me in a manual chair so I better get rested up!! lol!

 
Today's card is another of our favourite stamps of late - Saturated Canary.  As the title says this is Country Momma.  She should have a small child in a trolley filled with flowers but I fancied using her on her own.


I challenged myself to only use 2 colours from my promarkers and still get some definition and depth.  I don't think it turned out too badly.  The colours are putty and rose pink.


I have seen a lot of book page flowers around recently so decided to have a go.  The pages were coloured with the same promarkers and cut with Xcut flower dies.  The centres are tonic mini punches and purple gems.

 
The die cut behind momma is a Spellbinder. I cut it twice and then snipped away the edge until I made a rectangle as opposed to the square I started with.  It worked quite well but I've hidden the joins a little to make them less obvious.
 
Well I've scheduled this post as I'm having an early night ready for a long day of purchasing perusing at the NEC, so off to bed I go.
 
Hope you have a lovely weekend and the snow doesn't put paid to your crafting plans. 
 
TTFN Jude x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!