Shabby Blogs

Sunday 31 March 2013

Happy birthday Joe!

Morning all and Happy Easter! Jude back with you today. Did you all remember to put your clocks forward? I usually do mine before bed so I don't forget although my bathroom clock is now right for the first time this year! I never took it down to change from the last time we altered the clocks lol :0

As well as Easter Sunday today is my youngest's 19th birthday. Joe is very special to us all as just after his first birthday he contracted meningococcal septicaemia and we almost lost him on several occasions. Thankfully he survived but not with out a few problems. He will shortly be moving into his own home under a supported living arrangement. He will get 24 hour care in a bungalow shared with a school friend and I can retire as his carer and be mum again. Exciting times but scary too!

Anyway below is a graffiti style card I've made for him. The Kraft paper background has been inked through a brickwork stencil with several shades of distress ink then spritzed with cosmic shimmer. I've added his name and age with a white gel pen then darkened it with blue ink.

The cogs are cut from a sheet of double sided adhesive covered with clarity stamps gilding flakes in pirates treasure. I love the colours in this.

 

Hope you like it. TTFN Jude 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!