Shabby Blogs

Monday 11 March 2013

Mothers day card and Jewellery....

Good morning, hope all is well where you are today, and you have all managed to have some crafty time this weekend. I had a lovely day yesterday, out for lunch with the family for mothers day and some very lovely cards, flowers and presents :o))

As I didn't blog yesterday (Jude did), what do you mean you didn't notice??? lol. I thought I would share my mothers day card with you today.

I started with a plain 8 inch round card blank, and ran it through one of the 8x8 embossing folders from Die'Sire. This one is Flower Power.

 
Then I used, Seedless Preserve, Shabby Shutters and Tattered Rose Distress Inks to lightly ink over some of the flowers. I ran a spare piece of card through the embossing folder too and cut some of the flowers out so that I could layer them.

 
Next I added a leaf swirl and two rolled flowers. The leaf die is a Die'sire and the rolled flowers are Marianne dies. 

 
I finished the middles of the flowers with a couple of beads from my jewellery stash. Then all it needed was a stamped sentiment and a few flat backed pearls to finish it off.
 
 
 I also made mum a couple of pieces of jewellery. This bracelet was from following a tutorial online, but using my own colour and style of beads and then just a few changes to the original design.




 
I also made a matching pair of earrings.

 
This next one was just playing with some new beads from Beaders Companion. I love the bright orange and yellow colours. I used memory wire for a change for this one, so no clasps needed and I think it works really well. I did make matching earrings too, but only just realised I forgot to photograph them before I gave them to mum! lol. Who I am very pleased to say, loved them :o))
 
 
Anyway that's all from me today, thanks for stopping by.
 
See you soon
Jen
xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!