Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Tattered Florals...

Good morning all, Jen back again today. Hope your weeks are all going well. At least we are having a little bit of sunshine even if it is still cold.
 
I picked up a new die the other day while in Hobbycraft, it's one I've been wanting for a while, the tattered florals from Tim Holtz/Sizzix. And just as I thought it would be, it's great, I'm a little in love with it already lol, and I've only used it once!
 
So today's card just had to be the outcome of my first play with the new die. Hope you like it...
 
 
I went for something simple to show off the flowers. I started with the flowers and cut them out using pages from an old book. I cut loads of layers and then made up the flowers in different sizes.

 
Next I inked all the petals with a few different distress inks. These are Dried Marigold, Mustard Seed and Shabby Shutters. Then I used a couple of little brads to hold the layers together.

 
Next I cut a piece of handmade paper to fit the 6x6 Kraft card blank and inked this with Old Paper and Shabby Shutters too. I've had this paper forever, it's from a Papermania Botanical Handmade Papers 8x8 pack and I've never found anything to use it on until now.

 
I cut a little butterfly die using the same book pages and inked this with the same distress inks. Then I gave the paper, butterfly and the flowers a spritz with Cosmic Shimmer Mist in Mango Blush.
 

 
I stuck everything together and inked the edge of the card blank with the Dried Marigold. I really like the effect the Shimmer Mist has on this paper and think I will be using it to make some more cards soon :o))
 
That's all from me today, thanks for stopping by. See you soon.
 
xxx
 
 
I would like to enter this card into the Docrafts Challenge 4.4.13 - Anything Goes: http://docraftsblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/xcut-border-punch-to-be-won.html
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely card Jen. Great idea to use an old book, I think its given it a lovely vintage feel.
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!