Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 17 April 2013

Thank you card...

Good morning, hope all is well with you today. I have been a little busy the last few days so not had much time for crafting :-( but I have managed to fit in a little time to make a thank you card.
 
 
My poor Mum had a fall last week, while she was taking my Granddaughter to her Karate Class. She slipped on a grate outside and fell badly on her right elbow. She is OK, thankfully, but after 5 x-rays and several doctors they have decided that it isn't broken but is very badly bruised. Her arm is some very interesting shades of blue and very painful. So she is spending the next couple of weeks with her arm strapped up and in a sling and then has to go back to fracture clinic for them to have another look.

 
Anyway my point of this post - lol -  is that the very lovely people at Karate Club and other parents, came out to help Mum and got her inside and taken care of :o)). They made sure she was OK and administered first aid. They also looked after my Granddaughter who at only 4 was quite upset. So this card is our way of saying thank you, thank you, thank you.....

 
So now that I've done rambling!! The card is a very simple one from the Party Paws collection by Crafters Companion. This decoupage is from a printable sheet, as is the backing paper. I just printed them on to a light weight card and then cut them out and assembled the decoupaged pieces with silicone glue.

 
I mounted it all on to a cream A5 card blank and added the ready made thank you sentiment and some green flowers from my stash. I finished the card with a pink sparkly gem for the centre of the flower.

 
A very simple make but still very pretty. Hope you like it too.
 
Thanks for stopping by today. See you soon.
 
xxx
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!