Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 28 May 2013

Happy 1st Birthday Izzy Lou.....

Good morning all. It's my youngest granddaughters first birthday today, she is a gorgeous little girl and a really cheeky monkey all rolled in to one. We had a birthday tea for her yesterday, she loved all her presents and was an absolute little star. We are hoping that the weather stays fine today as both her mum and dad are off work, and I have managed to get the day off. So we would like to go out somewhere, but if the rain comes we will have to find somewhere indoors to go.
 
Anyway, today I thought I would share with you the card I made for Izzy's birthday from me and her grandad. It is a little bit different for me but I do like it.
 
 
I started with the image and coloured it in using some distress ink and a water brush along with promarkers and flexmarkers. I also used a white gel pen to give a few highlights in her hair. The image is a Saturated Canary, I think this one is called Ava.
 
 
I found some co-ordinating papers in my stash and decided to use a stepper card blank for a change.
 
I cut all of the paper pieces to size and stuck them on using DST. I cut around the image leaving a small white border and then inked around it with Old Paper Distress Ink. Next I added the image to a piece of deep red Core-dinations card and then added this to the front of the card base.
 
 
 
I used a new die to cut the Happy Birthday sentiment. It's a Cheery Lyn designs die from my local craft shop. I matted this on to a die cut circle and glued it to the back of the stepper card.
 
 
I found a little tag in my stash so I cut her name using my small alphabet punches and glued them to the tag.
 
 
I coloured a silver number 1 sticker with distress ink and used this on the back left.
 
 
All it need to finish it off were a few flowers and embellishments and to ink the edges of the card with Old Paper DI.

 
What do you think? hope you like it too.
 
Thanks for stopping by today, see you soon.
 
xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!