Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 29 May 2013

Special K

Happy Wednesday! 

Hope the weather is better with you than here in not so sunny Sheffield. It was lovely at the weekend but yesterday was grey and rainy. A total contrast to the same date last year which was a lovely 25C. I remember that as it was a gloriously hot day for Izzy Lou's birth. 

I'm still waiting a decision on the funding for Joe's care so no closer than last week but fingers crossed we hear something today!

Today's project to share is a cardboard letter I started decorating for Keira. The basic letter was painted with several coats of white acrylic to provide a base for the stamping. 


I took a tissue and stamped on my chosen design with pigment ink. The layers of tissue are then separated and the design torn out of the sheet. A layer of pva was applied to the letter and the tissue laid on top. Another cost of glue seals the image to the base. 



I used several different stamps and coloured inks to cover the letter base. 





I also added Keira's name. 



This technique works on any surface, particularly those that aren't flat like a bottle or vase. I think it's very easy but effective. What do you think?

TTFN Jude x







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!