Shabby Blogs

Saturday 13 July 2013

Round and round

Good morning all, hope you are well and looking forward to a nice weekend. We at last have a weekend where we aren't really busy lol. Although I am dog sitting while my daughter and family have gone away for a couple of days. So the two pups are more than enough to keep anyone busy lol.
 
Today's card just had to be round so that I could play with our new Grand Stately Circles dies :o)) I've wanted these for some time now and when I spotted an offer on them, well it would have been rude not to! right?
 

The second largest of the dies just so happens to fit rather nicely on an 8 inch round card blank :o)) So this time I started with the backing paper.

 
Then I cut the smallest of the circles in white Centura Pearl card. I then cut one of the Die D-Lites dies, this one is called Poppy Patch. I inked around the edges of the card and circles with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink, then used this to colour the poppy heads.

 
I coloured the stems with Forest Green Cosmic Shimmer Drawing Ink and then heat embossed it all with clear embossing powder.

I layered the paper, card and topper up and then added a couple of ready made sentiments. 

 
I finished the card by sewing a piece of ribbon in to a rosette and adding a white ribbon bow to the top. Then I topped this with a flower made in the melt pot. 

That's all for today. Thanks for stopping by again. See you soon.

xxx
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!