Shabby Blogs

Saturday 3 August 2013

Captain Tilda


Thank heavens it's the weekend.  This has seemed a really long week at work! 
 
The last couple of days have been particularly bad given I had a fall in work on Thursday and am a bit battered and bruised.  It could have been much worse as I managed to throw the hot coffee I was carrying full in my face!  Luckily my team were with me and helped me clean up pretty quickly, so all I have is a tender patch round my nose.  It gave those sat close by a good giggle though lol.
 
After I completed the Tilda card earlier in the week using the Portobello Road papers I decided to use them again for a canvas.  I do enjoy these arty projects and you may see more of them in the next few weeks.

 
Here we have Captain Tilda coloured with alcohol markers, cut with a spellbinder die and inked with Chipped Sapphire distress ink.  I really like the colour combination and lots of others must also as they seem to feature in most nations flags!

 
The flowers are made using the Sizzix Tattered Florals die.  I really like what you can make with a few cuts and some glue - every flower is different.


I wasn't sure what to put in the bottom corner so the canvas sat unfinished on my desk for a couple of days.  Last night inspiration struck and the chipboard letters were added.  I think it finishes her off nicely.  What do you think?
 
 
TTFN Jude xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!