Shabby Blogs

Saturday 31 August 2013

Distressed paint

Happy Saturday peeps! Can you believe it is the last day of August??
 
Yes it's Jude, back from my travels.  I've spent a few days in South Norfolk, riding my bike, visiting interesting places and eating too much.  Just what a holiday is for lol.
 
Before I went away I started a key cupboard for my niece which I intend to finish this weekend.  However I thought I would share the early stages with you.
This is how it started, and below is the first layer of burnt sienna acrylic. 
 
After it dried overnight I sanded it back. 
 
Then over coated with white. 
Yes I know it started white but there is method in my madness!!
I actually did 2 coats but you can't tell.
The next stage is to sand back the white to reveal some of the brown layer.  I can then add the paper decoupage layers to the front.
 
I'll share the finished article later.
TTFN Jude xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!