Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 14 August 2013

Door Hanger

Good morning crafty friends. Well I have finally managed to finish a project that I have had on the go for a while. I have been dipping in and out of a few projects lately and not really getting to grips with any of them. So when I got home from work yesterday I made myself go and put the finishing touches to my door hanger.
 
This is for our craft room door :o))
 
 
I've done a little bit of everything on this I think lol. I started by inking the base with a few different colours of Distress Ink. Then I stamped some background images using black and teal Stazon ink.
 
 
Once these were all dry I highlighted some of the large peony flower with some purple drawing ink and then covered the whole of the background in crackle glaze.
 
 
Next I added some silver liquid pearl to parts of the flower and over the top of a stamped scroll, and then added Luna Silver Mica Flakes while it was still wet.
 
 
The phrase was cut on my Silhouette Cameo, and when I saw it, it just made me smile. I cut in in self adhesive cardstock and then stuck it to white Centura Pearl card. Then I inked over the top with distress inks and added a layer of crackle glaze.
 
 
The flowers are made from the Tattered Florals die, and then spritzed with Cosmic Shimmer Vintage inks. The final touches were courtesy of Jude ;o)) the beautiful flower and little bird were made on our melt pot workshop last month and she has let me have them for this sign. :o))
 

 
The sign is now hanging on the outside of the craftroom door so can be seen by all who enter.
 
 
Hope you are having a good week. Thank you for stopping by.
 
See you soon
 
xxx
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!