Shabby Blogs

Sunday 11 August 2013

Great British Craft Fair

Morning folks. We are off to GBCF at Stoneleigh Park today so later Jen and I will have lots of new stuff to play with [hopefully] lol ;)

I'm currently prepping for an exam and an assignment due on Tuesday. I am doing a Business Administration Level 4 qualification through work and it is taking a lot of doing.  The fact that I left school 30 years ago doesn't help!  Consequently I have been slacking in the creative department and it was late last night before this card was made.
 
Next week my granddaughter Keira will be 2 so I should get on with her cards.  This is the first one and uses another of the digi images coloured last week.
 
An 8x8 card blank was my starting point and using a Tonic punch I shaped the edge.  The same punch was used on my background paper which is another from the Indian Summer collection.  The centre strip is the reverse of this paper.

 
I drew the number freehand and cut it out of pink card stock.  The purple card is some shimmery stock from Hunkydory and I cut several hearts to use as embellishments.

 
The image is coloured with alcohol pens and matted on a different purple cardstock.

 
The inside needed something to show off the shaped edge so I added a purple liner using more of the shimmery card.  The picture isn't too good but it gives you an idea.

 
I also added some pearls to the centre of the flowers on the edging, and a few on the card front.

 
Hope you like it.  TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!