Shabby Blogs

Friday 23 August 2013

Stencil card

Morning folks!
On Wednesday I was having a little quiet time with one of our subscription magazines....
...when I came across a tutorial for making a card using a stencil.
As Jen had recently cut some tattered florals I begged the 'waste' and copied the idea. 
I took some white card and stencilled through the florals aperture with cream acrylic. Once this was dry I moved the stencil and applied a pink over the top.
Using a sequin mask I sponged bright pink and then black to the centres of the flowers. 
A heat gun helped move things along in between the steps, otherwise it would have taken a while.
Once everything was dry I took a Letraset fine drawing pen and drew around the flowers adding leaves, swirls and dots to embellish the artwork. 

I layered the finished piece on a couple of contrasting papers and added a sentiment raised on foam pads. 
I think it turned out well for a first attempt. What do you think?
TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!