Shabby Blogs

Saturday 7 September 2013

A little gift...

...for a lovely lady.

Good morning, hope you are all well and not getting too wet! It's been pouring down here since yesterday and doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon. But never mind if it wasn't the weather we would always find something else to moan about lol.
 
Anyway the reason for today's title, is that I have made a little something for Mum to hang in her bedroom. A 5x7 wall plaque using the same sort of techniques from one I made at a dabble day a few months ago.

 
Every time she sees something that we make for us or other people she always comments on how nice they are, so this time I thought I would make one just for her. Using colours to match their bedroom, which is why I went for the lilac and purples.

 
I started by paper blocking the base using 3 different papers from the same pad, and a couple of strips of deeper purple Washi Tape. Once these were glued down I went over it all with a coat of Matte Medium. After this dried I edged all of the paper pieces with a thick graphite pencil and then washed over everything with a light covering of sand coloured acrylic. Then I finished the bottom layer with a coat of crackling cream.

 
 I used a Stazon ink to stamp the heart designs, these are a Joanna Sheen stamp, and then used the same ink to stamp the mum word on to a piece of paper. This stamp is a Papermania one. I then spritzed the paper with Victorian Rose Cosmic Shimmer Spray and dried it with the heat gun.

 
I made a flower using different layers of ready made petals, but cut some of them up to add to the centre etc. and then gave this a good spritz with the cosmic shimmer spray too. I dried it a bit with the heat gun and then added some Shabby Pink Frantage and set this with the heat gun.

 
I layered the mum word on to a piece of white straw paper and then added this to the top of the plaque. Then I used some Graphite Ferro through a stencil to add a couple of leaves half way down.

 
I added the flower to the bottom, some pink ribbon and silver eyelets to the top and then finished the piece with three charms. A butterfly, a leaf and a watering can.
 
 
Hope you like it.
 
Thanks for stopping by again.
 
See you soon.

 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!