Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 24 September 2013

Embossing folder stamping

Morning all! 
I came across a new technique while trawling through Pinterest, using an embossing folder as a stamp! Well you know I just had to try it ;)  This is how it turned out.
[If you want to view the original visit http://tamaraspapertrail.blogspot.co.uk and take a look at the fabulous card Tamara made]
 
For my version I took a Couture Creations folder called Workshop and inked it up with Vintage Photo Distress ink.  I found the best way to get even coverage was to rub some ink directly from the pad onto the folder, lightly ink up a brayer and smooth the ink out.  Don't use too much ink!!  You then need a really steady hand to press the folder onto the stamping card.  It took a few attempts to get a decent image as I smudged one and inked another too much!


I was quite true to Tamara's layout as I liked the simplicity, however I don't have any burlap so I improvised with some white paper weave.  I inked with the vintage photo to give the same impression.  I also used the same DI again for the sentiment.
I cut extra die cuts in brown centura pearl and halved 2 of them to back the sentiment.  This was layered on the inked paper weave, a brad added and the whole piece matted on more centura pearl.

It works really well for a male card but I think I will try a more girly version too.  TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!