Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 11 September 2013

Merry Little Christmas

Good morning all, firstly our thoughts are with our US friends, and anyone affected by the horrible events twelve years ago today. We are thinking of you.

Secondly, yes I'm sorry but it's another Christmas card. I know I know it's only September, but, we do have loads to make so we need to get started lol.
 
I used gilding flakes for today's card. I've only used them once before so thought I would have a bit of a play. And as you know we are always learning, next time I won't use such thick paper to put them on! They were a devil to cut out ;o))

 
I started with a 6x4 double sided adhesive sheet and put this on to plain cardstock. Then I used Clarity Stamps Pirate Treasure Gilding Flakes. I put loads on and then brushed them back off. Once I was happy with the coverage I gave them a really good rub down with my fingers.

 
Then I used the sheet to cut the different shapes using a small tree die, a lamp post die and a snowflake die.
 

 


I used a 6x6 plain card blank and layered it with red and white card stock. Then I used an Embossalicious Snowflake embossing folder for the top layers.

 
I made the card up and added some natural twine and then finished it with a stamped sentiment from the Diesire Sentimentals Happy Holidays set.

 
Hope you like it, thanks for dropping by again.
 
See you soon.
 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!