Shabby Blogs

Sunday 29 September 2013

Nicki and the Snowdog

Good morning all, hopefully by the time you read this I shall be tucked up in a nice cosy bed in the holiday cottage we have rented for the week lol. I am scheduling a few posts for this week as we don't know what the Internet reception will be like where we are going. That makes it sound like the back of beyond lol, when reality it is only southern Scotland. We are off to a little place called Southerness which sits in the Dumfries and Galloway area. We haven't been here before but do know the surrounding area quite well. Anyway if we get good signal we shall pop on and load some pics etc.
 
I'm afraid it's all Christmas cards from me at the moment, as we don't have any family birthdays, from middle of September until beginning of December it's a great time to concentrate on the Christmas cards.

 
Today's card, is using the lovely Nicki digi stamp from Saturated Canary. I have coloured her with chalks and flex markers! I know a right combination but I only used the pens for her skin lol. It's the first time I've coloured an image with chalks and I think it turned out OK for a beginner ;o)) I then set it with Iridescent Spray and Sparkle.

  
I have teamed Nicki with The Snowdog from Crafters Companion. He should be with The Snowman, (remember the film???) but I thought he was so cute he could be used with lots of different images.

 
I cut him out of white card stock and sat him with Nicki on to a piece of Centura Pearl card which I embossed with the Snowflake embossing folder. I cut this in to a curve and sat it on top of a coordinating piece of paper from the Snowman range.

 
I added a bow using Teal satin ribbon and a snowflake charm and then finished the card with a stamped sentiment, using light blue pigment ink and clear embossing powder.

 
Hope you like it. Take care and I'll see you soon.
 
xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!