Shabby Blogs

Thursday 17 October 2013

An inky/painty project

Good morning all, hope you are having a good week. I finally had time to finish the little art project that Jude gave me for Joe's canvas, this week. Do you remember the one she started a little while ago?
 
 
She has updated on it a couple of times, but now I have finished my bit. What do you think?
 
 
I started with the A4 canvas, and painted the edge with black acrylic paint. Then after some failed attempts testing, with various papers and velum I started again and painted the canvas with a light sand coloured acrylic paint.
 
 
I then over stamped all over the canvas with a script stamp and Archival black ink. I made the owl by stamping him and cutting him out, and then dry brushing with a little bit of  red shimmer paint, and some distress inks. I finished him with a bit of shabby white Frantage.
 
 
I wrote the words for the main sentiment on my Silhouette and then cut them out with it too. They came from a sign that I had seen while in Scotland.
 
 
Next I went to town with spray inks and baby wipes lol. Until I got a really aged effect on the canvas.
 
 
I then finished it with lots of metal and wood embellishments, cogs and wheels and a little bird.
 
 
It now just needs adding to the main canvas and it can be hung in Joe's new home. Hope you like it.
 
 
Take care
 
xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!