Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 16 October 2013

Christmas in purple and gold

Welcome to Wednesday peeps!
Yesterday Jen and Mum bought a couple of new stamping magazines for us to try out.  Jen is trying to bully encourage me into subscribing to them! They were quite nice as they both had Christmas stamps attached and some lovely ideas for very simple cards.  I thought I would try one of the ideas out.  What do you think?
I took a piece of dark purple centura pearl and embossed the pine tree branch across the centre three times, using Versamark and gold embossing powder.  I then cut the piece to fit a white DL card blank.
 Next I stamped the word circle and white embossed it. Once I had the circle I thought it needed something else so added a snowflake, again embossed with gold before cutting out with a circle die.   I never get tired of the alchemy of embossing; watching it change from a dull powder into a shiny image just by adding heat.
 A piece of purple gingham ribbon finishes it off nicely.  I might try some other stamps in a similar layout.  I can see this featuring in a few Christmas cards this year.
Hope you like it.  TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!