Shabby Blogs

Thursday 3 October 2013

Christmas in Purple?

Why not? lol. Good morning all, hope you are all having a great week. Last week we purchased a couple of new dies, OK three new dies lol ;o)) so I just had to try them out, and the piece of card that jumped in to my hand was purple. So I thought why not, and this is what I came up with.
 
I used the dies to cut the trees, houses and Father Christmas images in purple Centura Pearl cardstock.
 
 
Then I laid these out on to white Centura pearl card that I had embossed with a Spellbinders Embossabilities folder with small dots. Then I backed this piece with the purple card too.
 
 
I had some purple gingham ribbon that came with the Snowman set so I used that across the bottom and then tied a little bow to one side.
 
 
 
I added glitter to the tops of the die cuts, using a quickie glue pen and some white glitter.
 
 
Then I finished the card by stamping the sentiment with purple pigment ink and heat setting it with clear embossing powder. I then cut it out by hand and mounted it on to another piece of the purple card.
 
 
I think it turned out quite effective, what about you?
 
 
See you soon, take care.
 
xxx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!