Shabby Blogs

Monday 21 October 2013

Let it Snow

Morning all.  Doesn't Monday come around quickly?
It has been a hectic weekend here.  The kids, grandkids and fur babies all seemed to have moved in at once - it was bedlam!!  It was actually a nice distraction from a pretty tough week but it did mean Jen and I didn't get much crafty time.
When I did eventually force my way in to the craft room I made a Christmas card using dies and embossing powders.  What do you think?
In a magazine we bought last week were several free stamps.  These included the snowflakes and Let it snow stamps used here.  Having layered three matching papers on to the card blank, I randomly stamped the snowflakes in Versamark over the papers and added sea foam white embossing powder.
I also tried it on top of the topper I had made but it didn't work out as well as I had hoped.  The topper is gold mirror card and purple centura pearl cut with the Spellbinders peony die set.  The sentiment was made with the stamp and gold embossing powder.
I repeated the stamping and embossing twice more using the white again.
I thought the edge of the card needed something so I cut it with a Tonic border punch.
This card took quite a bit of work so I don't think I will be repeating it in a hurry, but I like the idea so may adapt it a little.
TTFN Jude xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!