Shabby Blogs

Sunday 23 February 2014

Anniversary #2

Hello again.  Jen explained yesterday that we've found it very difficult to get in crafty mood this last week.  However I forced myself to make something as I have a deadline for the anniversary cards for my friend Janet; this is the second of the three cards she asked for.

The image is from a new Lili of the Valley art pad called True Love.  I thought this was perfect for an anniversary card.


I cut the image using a Spellbinder deckle edge die and inked through with Old Paper Distress Ink.  I then coloured the very edge with Aged Mahogany. I used a 5 x 7 card blank, some cream cardstock and a piece of Grace Taylor paper to make up my matts and layers.  All these were inked with the same combination of colours.


The sentiment at the top is a gold rub on and I tied some matching ribbon across before adding the panel to the card blank.


The 'just for you' sentiment is also from Lili of the Valley, cut with a 1.5" scalloped circle punch and inked again.  I added it to the bottom using a foam pad.


All I need to do now is add a matching '30' to the bottom right.  Hope you like it.

TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!