Shabby Blogs

Monday 17 March 2014

Birthday pennants

I have a line that keeps repeating every 7 days lol - "I don't like, I don't like, I don't like Mondays".  Bob Geldof had the right sentiment if not for the right reason!  

Monday means back to work and 5 days of travelling to work on the bus.  I REALLY don't like buses. However there is good cause for torturing myself like this - my daughter's wedding is in September and I'm trying to save some money to help them pay for the big day.  I just try to think of how bad I would feel if I were to let them down, and that keeps me motivated.  I didn't say I had to like it lol ;)

Anyway back to Chris's birthday cards.  This is the one I have sent to him.  It's a very clean and simple layout using one stamp, four scrap papers, a button and distress ink.


I cut four pennants using offcuts from my scrap box and inked the edges of each, before layering them on a 6 x 6 kraft blank.


The star was an after thought as the button needed something else.  I tried a few shapes behind before settling on the small star.  I think it works well, what do you think?


Our favourite Happy Birthday stamp was used again, straight on to the card with Tuxedo Black Memento ink.

That's all for today.  TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!