Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Coloured card

Good morning all, hope you are having a good week. 

Today's card came from an idea on an American blog that I follow called The Daily Marker. The lady who runs it, Kathy, is super talented and comes up with some great ideas. 

Seen as how I need some cards for a very special young mans birthday next week. I thought I would give this idea a go. 


I used lots of strips of Coredinations card in different colours, and laid them on to another piece at an angle. Then I used the guillotine to crop the edges. 


I stuck this piece to a 6x6 kraft card blank and then used a number die to add the age. 


I wasn't sure where to go next with it as I wanted to add a sentiment but wasn't sure which one or whether to stamp one or die cut it. In the end I used one of my favourite stamps to stamp the sentiment at the bottom.


I finished it off with a couple of wooden embellishments and a Studio Calico wooden sentiment. 


Very simple but quite effective. Hope you agree. 

Thanks for calling by again. See you soon, take care. 

xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!