Shabby Blogs

Thursday 17 April 2014

Canvas

Good morning all hope you are having a good week. Well izzy recovered brilliantly from her heart op and is doing really well. She's home and although she will have to have it checked regularly we are hopeful that this has worked. :o))

Today's post is a little canvas that I have been working on. It's taken a few days to complete it with everything else that's been happening but I do quite like it. 


It's an 8x8 canvas and I went to town on it with distress paints lol. It turned out a little too orange for me so I washed it back with some sand acrylic paint mixed with water and then wiped over the top. 



It's had a coat of glue and seal. Some background stamping with distress inks and then black Stazon ink, and then a coat of rock candy distress crackle glaze over the top. 



The flowers along the bottom are done with a texture paste called Reisen, put on through a stencil. I then went over them with some Classic coloured Treasure Gold. 


Once all this was done and dry I made some flowers from papers, card and burlap and added these around the top. Then I added some metal embellishments and a trim at the bottom to finish it off. 


Hope you like it. See you soon.

 Take care. 

xxx









No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!