Shabby Blogs

Monday 14 April 2014

Moody Blue

Monday again and nearly Easter.  The year is passing very quickly!!

For my card today I was going to have a very simple one layer card with a brayered strip and stamping.  Well that didn't work too well as the ink smudged!  To rescue the piece I cut out the panel, layered it on blue card and added it to another blank.  I think it turned out OK eventually.


The card was brayered with 3 shades of blue Distress Ink - Weathered Wood, Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire.  I then over stamped with a couple of floral and grass stamps, which were coloured with Distress markers.


I drew in the little birds by hand as I thought it just needed something else.  Although it is really dark, I am happy with the effect.  Next time I think I'll try it in shades of yellow or green.


A simple sentiment was all that was needed to finish it off.  Sometimes less is more lol ;)

TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!