Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 22 April 2014

Spring has sprung

It's been a lovely long Easter weekend but now it's Tuesday and we're back to work - boo.  I'm off to Crewe today to visit a dairy college!  Should be interesting lol :)

At the weekend I asked Jen to choose a paper pad for me to make a card with.  She chose Emma's Garden by Jennifer Ellory.  This is full of fresh greens, pinks and yellows and I immediately thought of Springtime and flowers [Not much of a leap was it ;)]




I also wanted to incorporate a tag in some way.  I've seen a few tag cards and like the different styles I've seen.  I kept mine quite basic but I think it works well.  I covered the tag with one of the papers and tied a bright ribbon through the top.




I chose two papers for the background and used the same ones for the flower centres.  The large blooms are from a spots and stripes set.




I used the fern die again and added the cut pieces from my ribbon to add a bit of colour behind them.

Finally I cut a butterfly using the Papillion 2 die from Spellbinders using pink card.




Hope you like it.  TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!