Shabby Blogs

Saturday 31 May 2014

Altered frame

Good morning. I thought we would have a little break from the birthday cards this morning. So I can show you another of my little frames. 

This one is for a friend of my daughters. She wanted a neutral finish so I kept to a brown and cream palette.


I altered the scrabble tiles in the same way as before, with sandpaper and distress ink. Then i found a frame the right size for the words. Trouble was the frame was shiny green!


So I set about altering that too. I gave it a good sand over and then applied two layers of cream acrylic paint. Once that was dry I gave it two coats of Vintage Photo Distress Paint. After that had dried I took it outside and gave it a good spray with Iridescent spray glitter.


I added some pearls and a butterfly to finish it off. Now just got to hope that Helen likes it. Hope you do too.

See you soon, take care.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!