Shabby Blogs

Friday 6 June 2014

CAS - Fail!

Good morning crafty friends. Hope this Friday finds you well. Are you looking forward to the weekend? Lets hope the weather is kind to us all. 

Well as you can tell from the title I tried to do a really clean and simple card today! And as you probably know by now this is not my style at all. So what started out CAS, turned into, well not so CAS lol ;o)) But I still like it.


 I started by using a couple of new embossing folders that came free on a recent craft mag. 


The little birds on a branch one at the top and Happy Birthday at the bottom.


Then it was supposed to be a simple piece of ribbon between and all finished. But of course I couldn't leave it like that, so out came the shimmer chalks to go over the embossed patterns. They don't show up well in the photos but they are lovely and shimmery IRL.


Then it still looked too plain for me so I added Washi tape to the middle and a row of gems.

Then I tied a piece of ribbon around the edge and finished it off with a few tiny gems. 


Hope you like it too.

Take care, and I'll see you soon.

xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!