Shabby Blogs

Friday 20 June 2014

Pretty shade

Good morning all. Hope you are well. Today's post is a little altered lampshade for a change. 

Mum has just had her bedroom redecorated in pretty blues and so wanted this plain black lampshade to look a bit prettier. 


She didn't have any matching wallpaper left so I chose a paper that would tone in with her room. The paper is from the vintage notes collection and I used parts of 2, 12 x 12 sheets. I cut these to size and stuck them down with cosmic shimmer glue. 


Then I added some pale blue ribbon over the seams and attached this with the hot glue gun. 


I could have left it there but of course it wasn't quite enough for me so I got the lace out too. 


I added lace to the top and bottom, again with the hot glue gun. And then to finish it off I added some small clear gem strips down each piece of ribbon. 


It looks lovely at the side of Mum's bed.


Hope you like it. See you soon. 

Take care.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!