Shabby Blogs

Monday 3 November 2014

Classic Christmas Card

Good morning all and Happy Monday. Can you believe that this is our 750th post on this little blog? and we will hit the two year milestone this week too. That's an awful lot of waffling from us. but here's to the next 750!.

Anyway, It's not that long to go now to Christmas so I am trying to crack on with the Christmas cards. So my apologies if you are fed up of them already lol. 


Today I have done a simple but classic style for a card, all in cream and copper colours. 


The tree is a Creative Expressions stamp and the sentiment is from a Crafters Companion stamp set. I stamped them both with a copper coloured pigment ink and then heat embossed with copper embossing powder. You don't have to use a coloured ink if you are using a coloured embossing powder but I just like how rich the colour comes out. 


I stamped them both on cream linen effect card and then used a copper satin paper for the background. 


Then I found a piece of golden brown ribbon in the scraps box and used this to tie a bow. 


Then I finished it with one simple gold pearl on the tree. 


Hope you like it. Take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!