Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 3 February 2015

Big books

Good morning all, hope you are well and having a good week. I have eventually made a card after about a week. With being under the weather last week and then away over the weekend, it seems like ages ago since I last got a bit crafty. 

So when I got home from work last night I decided to get straight on with something and make a simple card.


I remembered this stamp set from a recent Simon Says Stamp kit and thought that would make a nice easy card. 


Well I think it turned out nice but it wasn't exactly quick and easy lol. 


Once I had got the shelves stamped with black Archival ink, I then had to stamp all the books and boxes separately, to line them up on the shelves and get some colour change in. 


So in the end, with keep changing little stamps, and then heat embossing them all, the card took me about an hour lol. 


But I do like it and I'm glad I persevered as I love the little pop of green from the plant. 


I used a sentiment from the same set and then a couple of strips of washi tape across the bottom to finish it off. Then I backed it with brown and deep red card and put it all on a 7 x 5 card blank.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!