Shabby Blogs

Saturday 14 February 2015

Love hearts

Happy St Valentine's Day!  

According to Wikipaedia, St Valentine "is a widely recognized third-century Roman saint commemorated on February 14 and associated since the High Middle Ages with a tradition of courtly love.  All that is reliably known of the saint commemorated on February 14 is his name and that he was martyred and buried at a cemetery on the Via Flaminia close to the Milvian bridge to the north of Rome on that day."

We shouldn't need to be reminded to honour the people we love every single day, but some of us do have a tendency to forget, lol!  So today's card is made for all my fabulous family just to say I LOVE YOU, not just today but every day.  I can't imagine not having you all in my life.


The idea from this card came from Pinterest.  I've seen lots of variations of this and thought I would give it a try.  Unfortunately photographing white on white is not very easy with an iPhone!

I drew a heart shape on to white paper and then punched lots of flowers from another sheet.  I filled the shape with the flowers then shaped a few to give some dimension.


I added crystals to the centres and coloured just one of them red. I then matted the paper on to red card before adding it to a 7 x 7 card blank.

A very simple but effective card.  Hope you like it.

TTFN Jude xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!