Shabby Blogs

Monday 30 March 2015

More Placemats

Good morning all, I have been working on some more placemats, this time for Mum. She had some old ones that had seen better days so asked if I could do something with them. 


I started by giving them a good sand and then cleaning them. Then I added some decorative card from the stash with spray adhesive. 


Once that was stuck down and dry I gave them a good coat of spray varnish. Unfortunately this took an absolute age to dry and even then stayed quite tacky, so I had to give them another sand down and this time sealed them with some Ranger Glue N Seal. 


the edges needed some tidying up, so I went round them with Treasure Gold - Classic. 



Then on one of the mats I made a border with Redline tape and put some gold leaf flakes on top. Then I sprayed over the whole mat with a gold shimmer spray. 


On the second mat I went around the edge with a gold marker pen,


and then gave it a light coat with the gold shimmer spray. 


I just have a few more to do now!

Hope you like them, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!