Shabby Blogs

Monday 6 April 2015

Golden birthday card

As well as a wedding anniversary my aunt is also celebrating her birthday next week.  As she and my uncle are off on a fabulous cruise tomorrow (starting in China!) we had to let her have her cards this weekend.
This is the card I have made from her nieces and nephews.  It has lots of layers and is quite heavy!


I used layers of cream and white card all cut with the same edge die.


A medallion die by Spellbinders forms the centrepiece.


And a birthday die in gold adds the sentiment.


I tied a creamy ribbon into a bow, then took small gold gems and stuck them individually on to the die cut areas.
I think it finishes off the look very nicely. 


What seemed a really simple idea took ages to do but I am very pleased with the outcome.


Catch you soon.  TTFN Jude xx

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Judy. Loving the cream and white and the gold trimmings really makes it lush.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!