Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 1 April 2015

Heart card

Good morning all and welcome to April, hope that doesn't mean we have even more showers to come.

Today's card is the one I made for Mum to send to Joe for his birthday yesterday. I took inspiration from Pinterest for this, I'm doing that a lot lately as my mojo seems to be non-existent lol. 



I liked the idea of using the different textures, so I started with the Tim Holtz bark embossing folder and Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. 


The I teamed it with a dark brown plain card and a blue dotty embossed card. 


The heart is cut with a Sizzix scalloped heart die and the fishtail flags are cut with an MFT die. 


I found a few scraps of coordinating paper in the scraps box for a couple of the flags, and used a bronze metallic pen to put a few dots on one.


I stamped a verse on the inside using a Molly Moo stamp and Memento Nautical Blue ink. Then I added the Happy Birthday with an old wooden stamp. (Can you see the cat trying to get in on the action? lol)


The Grandson sentiment is from a Crafters Companion Greetings - Male, stamp set and I stamped it with the same blue ink and then heat embossed over the top. 


Then I just added a brown and cream button with some blue twine, and the 21, to finish it off. 

Hope you like it, see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!