Shabby Blogs

Thursday 9 April 2015

Twine birthday card

Good morning all, today's card is another that I made for my nephew's birthday last week. 

This time I dug deep in the twine stash for a change. 


The card is really simple if somewhat fiddly, with taping the twine down but I do think it's effective once done. 


I used a 7x5 card blank and cut down a piece of white card for the front. Then I used an oval die to cut the shape in the card. 


I used a few different twines cut down to roughly the same length, and then taped them to the back of the cut out. 


I matted this with a dark brown card and stuck it to the card blank. 


Then I used a couple of different stamps for the sentiments, one from a Molly Moo set and the Nephew from a Crafters Companion set. I stamped them with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink and then heat embossed with clear powder. 


The bike is cut with an MFT die from white card and then glued on top of the twine. 


I finished it off with a few sequins and a couple of dark red pearls.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!