Shabby Blogs

Friday 26 June 2015

Butterfly wishes

Good morning friends, are you looking forward to the weekend? I know I am, can't wait for a bit of a rest! lol. 


Today's card is another that I made for mums birthday a couple of weeks ago. I took inspiration from Pinterest again and came up with this card using the craft supplies that I have. 


I used a 7 x 7 card blank for the base and a soft turquoise shimmer card for the background. Then I took a piece of white card and ran it through an embossing folder to give me the detail on the left hand side. 


Then I used a Spellbinders Lacey Ovals die to cut a small aperture in the card. The leaves are from a MFT Stamps die which I cut in the same white card. 


The larger butterflies are from an old die that we got with a magazine, and I added some pale turquoise pearls to their bodies. 


The sentiment die was also a magazine freebie and I cut it twice so that I could shadow the turquoise layer behind the white one. 


I used a new alphabet die set for the Mum. This one is called Finlays ABC's by Lawn Fawn, again I cut it twice to shadow it. 


I placed the die cut leaves behind the front of the card and then fed them through the oval aperture. Then I punched a couple of butterflies to go on top. 


A few extra pearls was all it needed to finish it off. 


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!