Shabby Blogs

Monday 8 June 2015

Watercolour fuchsia's

Good morning all, another Monday rolls around, I cannot believe we are in June! We are also well in to our busiest birthday months, so at the moment we are making cards for birthdays and then different ones to blog, so that we don't have to show the birthday ones lol. 


Today's card came about as I keep seeing some very talented folk on Instagram and Pinterest doing watercoloured cards, so I thought I would give it a go.


I chose a very simple stamp from Clearly Besotted Stamps, and stamped the branch twice with Bamboo Leaves Memento ink. Then I watercoloured them with Cottage Ivy and more Bamboo Leaves inks.


I stamped the flowers three times using Rosebud and Lilac Posies Dew Drop inks. Then I watercoloured them with the same colours. I had to go around the outline with a Seedless Preserves Distress Ink pen, as I didn't like how much they blended together. Next time I will probably stamp them in a darker colour or black.


I used a standard watercolour paper, from Crawford and Black which has a texture to it. 


I used a sentiment stamp from the same set and stamped it with Tuxedo Black Memento ink. 


Then I added it to a 7 x 5 pink card blank. Very simple little card. 


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!