Shabby Blogs

Thursday 30 July 2015

Old coin keyring

Good morning all, hope you are well. Today's post is a bit different, just to show a little key ring gift that I made for a friend at work for her birthday.


It may seem a little odd to add money to a key ring, but she saves 50p pieces, and collects all the unusual ones that are released every so often, here in the UK, so I thought it would appeal. 


I remembered I had a very old 50p from 1978, much before they were made smaller, so I used that one and a more modern one from 2008 for two of the charms. 


To keep them looking nice, I cleaned them with silver cleaner, then I coated the coins with clear gel varnish and heat set it under a UV lamp. This gives them a nice smooth finish and will stop them from marking anything, as coins can be really dirty.


I then added a couple of pretty beads and a scrabble tile with her initial on, to finish it off.

Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!