Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 17 August 2016

Painted Poppies

Good morning, I hope you are having a good week, I'm taking Jude to get her stitches out today, so hopefully she will be back to full strength soon.


Today's card is one I made for my mum's friend for her birthday yesterday. I used the Altenew Painted Poppy stamp and die set.


I stamped the flowers using Altenew Crisp Dye Inks in Crimson, Velvet and Dark Chocolate, with Memento Tuxedo Black ink for the outlines. 


The leaves and stems were stamped with Memento Dew Drop inks in Pistachio, Olive Grove and Cottage Ivy.


I stamped one of the poppies directly on to the front panel, and cut the others out with the matching dies.


Then I used one of our oldest and still favourite wooden stamps for the sentiment. I stamped it with black ink and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder on to a strip of white vellum.


Then I mounted it on black card and added a few clear dew drops to finish it off. 

Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!