Shabby Blogs

Tuesday 23 August 2016

Smile it's your birthday

Good morning . I hope you are all well and are having a good week so far. As I mentioned last week it was Jude's oldest granddaughter's birthday on Friday, so today's card is one of the ones I made for her.


I used the cute Altenew Bunny Love stamp set, to stamp the two chicks. I used Versamark ink so that I could heat emboss them with white embossing powder. 


I coloured the chicks with Copic markers and then cut them out by hand, as these stamps don't have a matching die set. Gosh they were fiddly around the feet lol.


Then I inked a very soft background using Tumbled Glass and Peeled Paint Distress Inks. I placed the chicks on the background and then stamped a few flowers around them.


The sentiment is from a Simon Says Stamp set called Happy and Smile and I used the MISTI to stamp it directly onto my background. I always get nervous at this point as I don't want to ruin my card with a badly stamped sentiment ! So I'm now grateful for the MISTI, which means if it doesn't stamp perfectly the first time, I know I can go back over it :) 


I put the panel on a green A6 card blank and then added a number 5 in the top corner from the MFT Starlight Numbers die set.


Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!