Shabby Blogs

Wednesday 3 August 2016

Sweet treats

Good morning all, hope you are having a good week. Jude's op all went fine yesterday, and she is now home and recovering. 


Today's card was made using an older stamp set from Clearly Besotted. The set came free in a craft magazine some time ago but I've never used the sweets from it, so I decided to give them a go.


I inked the background using Distress Inks in Spun Sugar and Hickory Smoke, then I stamped and cut out the jar and then made a few masks for the sweets from sticky notes and inked them with different colour Dew Drop inks.


Then I added glossy accents all over the jar and left that to dry so that it looks like glass. Then I sent about stamping and masking the sweets falling from the jar. It did take some time as I had to do a lot of masking and changing colours etc. but I do think it's worth the effort.


I used a sentiment that came with the stamp set and stamped it with Versamark Ink. Then I heat embossed it with Ranger Fine Detail Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder.


I added the panel to an A6 card blank and then raised the glass jar with foam tape, a few clear dew drops finished it off.


Hope you like it, take care and I*'ll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!