Shabby Blogs

Thursday 22 September 2016

On your Christening Day

Good afternoon all, apologies for there not being a blog post this morning! I totally forgot about it, I really don't know where my head is at this week lol. 


Anyway, this card is one I made for my great niece's Christening on Sunday. It was meant to be very simple with just an image and the sentiment. But... I don't do simple very well, I always think it needs something else, so this is how it ended up.


The church stamp is from a Papermania set called Village. We have had it a couple of years and have looked everywhere for the matching dies for it. They are made by Xcut, but they were discontinued so I haven't been able to track them down. But I decided it was about time it came out of the packet and be used anyway lol.


I stamped the church with Memento ink and then coloured it with Copic markers. For the sentiments, I wrote them on the PC and then printed the sheet on my laserjet printer. Then I ran it through the Minc Machine with some gunmetal foil.


As you can see I couldn't just leave it there, so I dug out some very tiny stamps from a couple of sets and started stamping them around the image.


It didn't end up with just the few I imagined, but it reminded me of confetti, so I liked it anyway lol.


Hope you do too, take care and I'll see you soon.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!