Shabby Blogs

Friday 28 October 2016

Distress Crayon Background Card

Good morning friends, thank goodness it's Friday. Are you looking forward to the weekend too?


Today's card was an experiment for me, and I don't think it turned out too badly to be honest. 


We have had the Tim Holtz Distress Crayons since July, but haven't really used them before. So I thought I would try a simple watercolour background card.


I used three of the crayons from set 3, neutral/browns, on watercolour paper. I wet the paper first and then scribbled the crayons over the top and then brushed water over again with a water brush.


I repeated these steps a few times until I got the depth of colour I wanted and then dried it off with my heat gun. It's probably better to leave it to dry naturally but I'm not a patient crafter lol.


Once it was dry, I stamped a leaf image three times using Versamark ink, and then heat embossed it with Wow Metallic Brass embossing powder. Then I used a WPlus9 stamp set called That is All to stamp the sentiment using Black Memento ink. 


I cut the panel with a Tonic Studios Scalloped die, and then matted it on to brown card and a white card base.

Hope you like it, take care and I'll see you next week.

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thanks for stopping by today, please leave a comment as we love to hear from other crafty people. Take care Jen and Jude xxx

Two Crafty Sisters, Two Crafty Styles, One Crafty Blog!